Showing posts with label nursing job. Show all posts
Showing posts with label nursing job. Show all posts

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Nursing Informatics - When we are busy working with so many computer stuff and other Nursing Informatics related work sometimes it is very stressful when our laptops or PC suddenly lags.  Of course we are not that expert that  we can easily identify the cause of it and most of us would blame on viruses and other important programs that we installed, but we can't easily uninstall. So the final verdict is we keep pushing ourselves to buy a new PC or Laptop.  So should we replace our Dual Cores or I3 Laptops to I7 or Core 2 Quad Laptops for our simple document or spreadsheet processing needs?  Actually I always laugh when I see some users who keep blaming there laptops resources for the lags, but eventually there are ways to fix it in a simple way that you don't need an expert to do the job.  Powerful processors are intended for huge processing jobs such as working with multimedia and sophisticated programming projects, but if your task is just simply accessing programs and doing some word processing and spreadsheet jobs your dual core laptop with 1-2 gig ram can handle it, if it's slow then here are the possible reasons:

1. So many unwanted programs running
2. Your hard disk is full or close to that -  transfer some of your files to Portable hard drive, clean your Temp Folder in Drive C: - Better run Disk Cleanup (Accessories/System tools)
3. Stop running Windows Aero - it eats your resources
4. Some windows applications are having bad sectors and data loss -  Better run Defragmenter ( Accessories/System tools)
5. Disable the use of Windows 7 theme

Assuming you are done doing all the above mention -- Click the link below for Tweaking your Windows 7 to gain extra Speed!

Speeding your Windows 7 - Tutorial

Friday, December 2, 2011

Nurse Talk  - So many local Registered Nurses in Asia particularly in the Philippines are now suffering a lot in seeking jobs abroad and now the Recession that affects the economy of most countries in the West and Europe produce more problems.   Read this article at least you will be able to find ways to get a job despite the big R in the World today.

From Nursing Economics: The Recession's Effect on Hospital Registered Nurse Employment Growth

Sunday, November 6, 2011

If its difficult for you to become a Registered Nurse in the US, well you don't have to worry on that practical nursing jobs are now the trend to get a real job in the US as a health professional.  Well, of course the work load and the salary are not similar as of working as a registered nurse, but at least you get a big chance to practice your profession abroad.  So you must get an

LPN or LVN course then you can take the licensure exams for LPN or LVN. Make sure that you have a good experience in the hospital before applying for NCLEX-PN examination, if you pass that then you can apply for Practical Nursing Positions in the US.

Here is a step by step guide on how you can work as LPN nurse in America:

1.      In USA, one option for a practical nurse is to work as a temporary worker. Practical nurses must have completed a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or LPN course and passed required exams.


2.      You have to take and passed the NCLEX-PN (National Council Licensure Examination-Practical Nurse) and English test.


3.      Qualified applications will be petitioned via working visa by the employer.


4.      While working, they can choose to continue their studies to be eligible for an immigrant visa application and work as Registered Nurse.


5.      Under the present immigrant visa retrogression, you may have to wait for 5 to 6 years.


6.      For more information about H2B visa for practical nurses, you may consult US immigration lawyers.


Applying for a UK Visa

  The United Kingdom Border Agency, through their website; 

So many Filipinos wants to get abroad and many Nurses from the Philippines are eager to get a chance to step foot in UK and work with their profession.  Well, Nurses you will not get the full chance to work as nurse their due to the Visa.  But as long you can get a student visa then there is a big chance you could land a job there in UK. updated guidelines on the requirements, procedures and other vital information on how to apply for a  specific type of visa.

Specifically, there are four modes of  entering the UK, depending on the purpose of the travel -  to visit, to study, to work or join family. A visit means a short stay (generally of up to 6 months) in the UK while study means a course of study at a UK school, university or college. Work in essence means paid or unpaid (voluntary) work for an employer in the UK on the other hand ‘Join Family’ means coming to the UK, with the aim of staying for a long period or permanently, as the partner or family member of a British citizen or someone who has (or is applying for) temporary or indefinite permission to stay here.

In 2009, the UK census recorded a figure of 112,000 Filipinos living and working in the United Kingdom, and had 10,840 Filipinos gaining British citizenship in 2007, the second largest number of any nation after India.

A Note on the UK Points Based System
In 2008, immigration to the UK underwent a complete process of reform, replacing most of the current system of UK visas and UK work permits with a five tier points-based immigration service. So here is the reform in 2008.

The new system consists of the following five categories:
Tier 1 visa– Migrants with desirable professional skills
Tier 2 visa – Skilled workers with an offer of employment
Tier 3 visa – Temporary, low skilled workers
Tier 4 visa – Students
Tier 5 visa– Youth mobility schemes/ temporary workers

Tiers 1 and 2  offer potential routes to settlement in Britain and may lead to the opportunity to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK (ILR), often known as permanent residency.

In Tiers 2-5 applicants will need to obtain a certificate of sponsorship from the relevant sponsoring body. For Tier 2 visas this would be a sponsoring British company, for Tier 3 visas the operator of a specific worker scheme, for Tier 4 visas the educational institution and for Tier 5 visas the home government of the candidate.

What most Filipinos are unaware of, is that in order to be eligible to apply under certain categories of the Points Based System, an applicant must have a sponsor which is on the UKBA Register of Sponsors.

The register of sponsors lists all companies, schools and organizations that the UK Border Agency has licensed to employ migrant workers or sponsor migrant students. As of 31 March 2009, the register of sponsors replaced the register of education and training providers published by the Department for Innovation, Universities & Skills (and previously by the Department for Education and Skills).The register of sponsors lists the name, location and sponsor rating of every registered organization.

How the UKBA Awards Sponsors Ratings

The rating of a tier 4 sponsor – such as school or college – reflects the track record that institution has in educating overseas students and is listed on the education provider’s entry on the Tier 4 Register of Sponsors. If a school or college is suspended from the register, they will only re-appear once they have satisfied the UK Border Agency’s concerns and will show their new rating following inspection.

A-rated Sponsors.  If an education provider is an A-rated tier 4 sponsors, it means:

there is no evidence of abuse of the system or breaking of the tier 4 rules; and
they have all the necessary systems in place to meet their obligations as a sponsor under the points based system.

B-rated Sponsors. Schools or colleges that are given a B-rating – often following suspension from the Register of Sponsors – it means that a UK Border Agency visiting officer has found evidence that the necessary systems are not in place to carry out their obligations as a sponsor.

B-ratings are awarded if any member of staff is found to have a civil penalty within the past five years. This also extends to any convictions which raise doubt as to the education provider’s owner’s ability to run a business.

This means if a school or college previously rated as A before suspension and re-rated as B following inspection, has been prosecuted by the UK Border Agency for breaches of Tier 4 rules and/or has been badly run overall as a business. This does not mean that all B-rated institutions are untrustworthy, as the sham colleges will have their licenses revoked, but it should force students and agents to ask more searching questions.

Highly Trusted Sponsors.  This rating is awarded  to   “those sponsors who can demonstrate the highest levels of compliance with their sponsor obligations and who have a proven track record of recruiting genuine students who comply with the UK’s immigration rules.”

Recent Developments

UKBA announced in July this year that,  from April 2012, all educational  institutions in the UK  wanting to sponsor students  will be required to be classed as Highly Trusted Sponsors (HTS) and become accredited by statutory education inspection bodies.

Other restrictions, such as the requirement of overseas students to speak a determined level of English, were brought in at the same time, as part of the Government’s reforms of the immigration system, to tackle abuse and bring net migration down to ‘sustainable levels’.

The revised guidance sets out what will happen to existing Tier 4 sponsors  who do not apply for Highly Trusted Sponsor  status by the deadline and details of transitional arrangements for sponsors who do not already have Highly Trusted Sponsor status.

In a statement, a UKBA  spokesperson said, “The changes to the student visa system will create a system where every student coming to the UK attends a legitimate course at a legitimate institution.”

Furthermore,  by next year, UKBA  will operate only two ratings –  ‘A  rating’ and  ‘Highly Trusted Sponsor rating.’ With this recent developments, tt is highly probable that many further and higher education private institutions will be forced to closed down due to the new changes introduced into the UKBA Tier-4 policies.

It is thus imperative for students wanting to pursue postgraduate studies in UK to  check the register to see whether the education provider that they  have chosen to study with is on the register and check the UKBA rating awarded to the education provider.  Here is the link for the register:

Source: OFW Journalism Consortium